Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Confusion

Just as the title says, I am getting a little confused. Because of this divorce going on and the way that I feel about my about to be ex, I am naturally very shy when it comes to new relationships. And I'm not just talking about men, but friendships and other things as well. I don't feel like I can trust anything right now because everything has changed. Everything is still changing for me. Or perhaps in a state of flux is the more appropriate idea.

Now, since my ex has found someone to move on with, and had before we even separated, he's been trying to push me into a new relationship. Mostly, I suspect, so that he won't feel guilty about cheating. I've told him repeatedly that I'm not ready and that even if I was, it would no longer be his business until I was ready to introduce a new man to the girls. But the kids can't even mention a male name without him jumping them for details. This man is going to lose contact with the kids if he keeps up this behavior. It's already on shaky grounds with the elder two.

But what I'm wondering is how I start trusting myself about what my instincts are telling me. Because I don't trust them right now. My gut was telling me to run hard and fast when my renter told me that he loved me. He was drunk and I think lonely and pretty sure that he meant it as a friend. I can't trust my instinct every time I have a conversation with someone that last's more than six sentences. Unless of course they're family or I've known them for many years. I just find myself micro analyzing everything that is said to me from these new people. I think I might just end up with trust issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment