Saturday, April 14, 2012

Not So Bad News

Well, I just discovered that I screwed up monumentally. I was being so freaking careful but nope. I had finished the chapter and since I didn't have the next chapter template queued up, I just thought I had deleted the chapter and then control shift saved. But no, I saved the ninth chapter  heading in the eighth chapter text after having deleted Chapter eight text. Wow.

But, it's not as monumentally bad as it would have been had I been happy with the chapter. It headed in a direction that I wasn't happy with. I was not looking forward to editing it, because I would have probably ended up cutting out about half of what I had written. So now, I can go back, include the elements I did like and just leave out what I hated. I still have the chapter outline that I wrote, to give me a general idea of what I wanted accomplished within that specific chapter. So that's well and good. I think I will probably work on it a little bit tomorrow. We're getting a bit of a storm here and I don't want to start the chapter and lose it again if the power gets knocked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment