Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Nearly Done

So as many know, I have participated in Nanowrimo again this year. The challenge, of writing fifty thousand words was something that I was looking forward to. In the interest of keeping my enthusiasm for the writing going, I decided to double up this year. That meant two stories, two bouts of 50k words and twice the stress. The amazing thing was that with some new online planning tools, it went better than ever before.

I hit the 50k mark on both stories yesterday and as such got my winner's bar and pins and certificate, etc last night. I was so pleased with that, I went ahead and did some editing this morning on a few leftover chapters I had from before starting November's writings. I'm very happy that I finally got the next chapter of When it Changes out because that one has been sitting and bothering me for a long time. It feels more cohesive now than it did before. There were some time line problems that were back and forth and needed to be straightened out. But I did it and now can move on to finishing the next chapter.

I have also given plenty of thought, now that we're so near the end of the year, on how I will be writing next year. This past year of writing, choosing some of my major pieces each week to work on and then adding in something else in alphabetic order was fun. But it also brought up a lot of fictions that didn't get good attention because I only touched on them once every twenty-six days or so. But I can't deny that the method helped me finish a lot of things that might still be lingering on my computer. I may attempt the same thing this coming year, or maybe change it up. I haven't decided yet. I'm just relieved that I didn't burn myself out on the writing completely so that I was unable to complete Nano.

So in December, I will be back to the regularly scheduled writing and editing my nano fictions. Might see those posted some time in the New Year, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment