Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bullshit Landlord

Wow, as slumlords go, ours could be worse. But jesus, this guy is a fucking moron. After our house had a fire, it took them eight fucking months to find somebody to fix it. The excuse that he and his manager used? No one would work for them because they didn't "like" Jim. Most likely because he's a lawyer and by all tales I'm told, a sub par, scummy one. He buys tons of properties, never fixes anything in any of them, then blames the tenants when things go wrong. We had just moved in to the little house that was a stop gap in finding a bigger place and this guy, after I told his manager, who is his sister, that the fridge didn't work, came barging into the house at one am to deliver it. Just fucking walked right in. And the property manager they have? She would just fucking walk right in as well.

Then when we finally get in here, I told them that I would finish cleaning the basement kitchen. It was gross, but do-able. After the fire, the basement sub floor started rotting and the apartment in the back, the bathroom is a god damn nightmare that makes me sick to think of it. There was months of mold growing in there, the sink was demolished and mold all over the shower stall. But they never bothered to have anyone clean or repair. Just got the electricity on, and started demanding payments again. Even tried to get us to sign a new lease, because the other one was "outdated".

So now, I get a call from the city department, saying that they've registered a huge water use in just a few days. They think we have a link. I couldn't answer because I was giving my two year old a bath. When I do some checking, like the yard to make sure all valves are off and there are no leaks in the house, I find out that the maintenance guys are in my yard, looking for the water main shut off valve. When I demand to know what they are doing, they tell me that they were sent to shut off the water, because they thought we had moved out.

I call the secretary at city hall back and she tells me that our landlords "girl" told her, when she called to report the leak in the house, that we were moving out, so we didn't need the water. You know, I should have let them do as they were ordered and we so would have had a very interesting case against that scummy piece of shit. He'd learn a thing or two about the law. And I know that we'd have no problem winning a case. Even by his own admittance, none of the judges around here like him one little fucking iota. From the sounds of it, they're just waiting for him to fuck up, one little bit. And if he keeps messing with us, we'll fucking do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment